"Do not envy others. You have no idea what their journey is about."

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hello again, Bob!

Nope, I’m not referring to a person. I’m saying hello again to one of my favorite hairstyles – the Bob. :D

I came up with a spontaneous decision of slashing my hair into half. I’ve long been considering having a haircut but not as drastic as the one I just had. I always liked my hair long but I can’t stand the uneven color of my hair anymore, causing it to be very dry. Eww, right? :D

The last time I cut my hair short that it falls way above the shoulders was back in October 2010. It was a rather impulsive decision which surprised many. Don’t ask why. Lol. But it’s definitely one I never regret. In fact I loved it that I’m brave enough to try sporting it again.

Less than a year and half ago, and 15 lbs. lighter. Haha.

Sorry, walang ibang matinong pic. :p
After it grew a few inches
I am also quite careful in picking a hairstyle that’s why I always play safe. But as much as I am particular with the style, I am even pickier with the stylist. Thing is, I am not willing to spend 500 pesos or even 300 for it. It’s the usual fee for senior stylists here in the metro. I say that’s ridiculously expensive. Lol.

Oh wait, I did try going to an expensive salon raved about in various forums to have my hair permed in 2009. I spent about 3,000 pesos for it plus 4 long butt-numbing hours but only went home disappointed. That was the worst decision I ever made concerning my hair. I said to myself, never again! It was not worth it.

Right after it was permed kaya it still looked "OK". Few hours later mukha na lang akong sinabunutan. LOL

So since I always go home in Bacolod, minimum of 4 times a year, I chose to get my hair done there. It’s way cheaper. Hehe. 

Mom recommended a stylist. We went to the salon but he wasn’t there as it was his rest day. Since I badly wanted to have my hair cut that day, I decided to go to my second option - David’s Salon at SM City Bacolod and requested for Ana per my aunt’s suggestion.

I initially planned for a haircut alone but ended up pampering myself some more and had a mani-pedi and a new hair color! 

The first strike of the scissors on my nape and right under the ears, I was like: “Shit, nasobrahan ata! Wala na ko makapang buhok. Waaahh parang ang iksi!” I wasn’t facing a mirror then since I was also getting my nails done so it made me more anxious. Imagine how I felt when mom came back and said, “Nubo-nubo man na!” with her eyebrows almost crossing each other. Haha. Nubo means short, nubo-nubo means very very short. But I acted calm as if I actually know it and that it’s ok. Deep inside I was praying it won’t end up too short. Lol.
Ana was unbelievably fast. I’m not sure but in less than 5 minutes she was done with my haircut and proceeded to color my hair. When I finally got the chance to see myself in the mirror, I tried to take a picture and I kept convincing myself that it wouldn’t be a disaster. Lol.

Here it is.



2 hours more and they’re done.

Result? I felt weird but I actually liked it. Venus, who followed me there to have her brows threaded, signaled her approval. I’m relieved. Hehe. 

I recommend Ana as she was fast but very precise. She was the one who suggested my hair style and color after I tried explaining what I wanted to achieve. She got it right with very minimal instructions. Surprisingly, the length was perfect.

Here’s a shot of my brand new hair a few minutes later with my cutie friends, Venus and Cherry.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment