"Do not envy others. You have no idea what their journey is about."

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Avenge on The Avengers

So yesterday, my officemates and I were supposed to watch The Avengers on the big screen. We have talked and planned about this a week ago and finally settled to see it Wednesday, May 2 so as to avoid the crowd. In fact, I volunteered to buy the movie tickets a day in advance to make sure we’ll get a good seat. We chose the 5:15pm sched because the next one’s at 8:15pm and it will be too late already.

Imagine how excited I was. I know Thor misses me so much.

Bleh.

Fine. I miss Chris Hemsworth (and his soulful eyes) so much. 

But of course I miss his sexy abs more.

He is so breathtaking I remember myself stridently sipping from the large cup of soda seeing him go topless in Thor. LOL.

Nakakahiya, pero keber lang. Eh sa sexy siya eh. Ang kokontra may problema sa utak.

Nyahaha. :p

I was praying for time to move faster. But with the turn of events at work, all the excitement I was feeling vanished, replaced by severe disappointment. 

At lunch time, we already knew that something was wrong with our trading system. I just didn’t expect it will take the entire afternoon to fix it.

Actually, not even because it was past 7pm by the time we were (half) done.

I am not an I.T. freak so I don’t know how to describe it in a technical way. All I know was the transactions we had for the day were “erased” and so the option was to restore the system. In short, we have to input everything again as if it’s one ordinary trading day.

We were told to wait. Kumbaga, parang hold departure order gaya ng lagi naming biruan sa office.

Patay! I promised Dei susunod kami. : /

My mind was silently protesting. Being expressive that I am, I cannot conceal my eagerness to leave and watch the movie.

Hello? 200 pesos din kaya yun! Saka, nagpunta pa kong Greenbelt kahit malakas ang ulan para lang bumili ng tickets. 

Effort huh!

It was 4:30pm when Aaron (the programmer) came. 

Nabuhayan ako ng loob. Sa isip-isip ko, mabilis lang siguro to!

I was literally behind him, loudly cheering and silently praying at the same time.

But to no avail. My heart was sinking; my spirit slowly dipping down.

Sometimes optimism is just not enough. Sigh.

Seeing me sad, some offered to do the “inputting” for us.  I hesitated but still went. So Badz and I left at 5:10pm (ninja moves). Hehe.

Greenbelt, without traffic, is a short 5-minute drive from the office.

We hurriedly walked to the parking area. I even texted Dei that we were on our way.

Yes! Aabot kami!

Or so I thought.

Barely a minute on the road, Badz and I were talking if we really should go watch the movie. It seems something was pulling us back. With a heavy heart, we decided to go back to the office.

Visualize this: we were already at the intersection of Makati Avenue and Ayala Avenue waiting for the green traffic sign. Just across it is Greenbelt, almost. But instead, we turned right to Ayala Avenue and right again at Paseo de Roxas driving our way back to the office building.

I called Dei telling her we can’t make it to the movie and will join them on dinner instead. She sounded as disappointed as I was.

It was my unlucky day. It felt like we were sabotaged. Seems OA but that’s how I felt, really. Haha.

Maybe I was not meant to watch.

Because guess what? It was actually a good decision that we went back.

We bought munchies and danced and chitchat and fooled around while waiting for instructions on what to do. Waiting is such an agony.

Apparently, the transactions that were affected were not only for that day, but as well as those on Monday, April 30.

Great. It meant we all have to start from scratch.

Finally, it was decided that we finish the transactions for April 30 that night and save the May 2 transactions for the next day. Coolness! I only have two! But of course, I offered to input for others who had plenty. 

Few minutes later, we were finally done! Thanks Heavens!

We then headed to Greenbelt for a sumptuous greek dinner at CYMA. This is my way to avenge on fate for not letting me watch The Avengers. I needed to seal the night with the best dinner.  

Madalas, pagkain lang naman talaga katapat ko. Haha.

magtitiyaga muna ako dito habang di ko pa nararating ang Santorini. :D

yummy Roka Salata

iba naiisip ko dahil sa swirl. :p
 
grilled pork chops

full slab baby back ribs with stuffed pepper as side dish

So, do you think I had a great dinner last night? 

Aba siyempre! Lambot ng ribs!

Solb na solb! :D

Anyhoo, I or we might not have watched The Avengers whose showing I’ve long anticipated. But what is 200 pesos and Thor comparing to our call of duty? Naks. Haha.

In all honesty, the frustration I felt was momentary. I know I will not enjoy the movie as much as I would have when at the back of my mind, I was thinking of the work we left undone. 

And I don't wanna be bothered with my thoughts about Thor. Nyahaha.

Besides, I can always watch it anytime, probably this weekend. 
 
Tee Hee! :p


P.S.

Lord, sana wala na pong aberya this time.  Salamat po! :D

Sayang lang these tickets below are useless now. :(
 
unused tickets namin ni Badz. 400 petot down the drain. :(


*Credits to Dei for the food pics*

2 comments:

  1. Woah. Good thing you had a great time a Cyma. Yeah, you can watch it this weekend. :) I bet you'll love it! :) Mas yummy si Thor sa Avengers. :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, CYMA was a great choice for dinner. In fairness natanggal stress ko. Really? It's frustrating to feel na ako na lang ata ang di nakapanood. hehe. I'm so looking forward. Thanks! :)

      Delete